Early information on bacterial pathogens and their antibiotic susceptibility is of key importance for managing sepsis patients. Within three to six hours, ASTar™ delivers true MIC (Minimum Inhibitory Concentration) results directly from positive blood cultures and against a panel of up to 48 antibiotics, thereby providing comprehensive coverage of gram negative, gram positive and fastidious pathogens. ASTar™ also combines high throughput, with a capacity for running 30-50 patient samples per day, with an intuitive user interface and load-and-go operation.
ASTar - complete phenotypic AST in half the time
Three simple steps for complete MIC results
ASTar is very easy to use: less than a minute hands-on-time is all that's needed.
ASTar for sepsis
- Directly from positive blood cultures
- True MIC results in 3 to 6 hours
- 6 samples analyzed, random-access
- Up to 50 samples per day
- Load-and-go workflow
Comprehensive AST panel
- Up to 48 antibiotics each in 5 to 11 two-fold dilutions
- Results generated from broth microdilution (CAMHB and fastidious)
Please contact us for further specifications.